Botvin LifeSkills Training is proven to reduce the risk of substance use and violence among youth by providing skills to help manage everyday stressors. Backed by over 35 years of scientific research, this flexible skills-based program offers youth healthy alternatives through activities focused on:
- Resisting social pressures for drug use
- Building self-esteem and personal confidence
- Developing effective coping skills
- Increasing knowledge of substance use and its consequences
Botvin LifeSkills Training is a highly interactive program for youth ages 8 to 18 that promotes positive health and personal development. Our Specialists meet with students in the classroom setting to lead in-depth conversations and hands on activities designed to promote the development of healthy lifestyle practices.
Elementary School Programs
Serving grades 3 - 6 in 30 - 45 minute sessions.
- Level 1 (grades 3/4) | 8 class sessions
- Level 2 (grades 4/5) | 8 class sessions
- Level 3 (grades 5/6) | 8 class sessions
Middle School Programs
Serving grades 6 - 9 in 30 -45 minute sessions.
- Foundation Level 1 (grades 6/7) | 15 class sessions
- Booster Level 2 (only implemented after level 1) | 10 class sessions
- Booster Level 3 (only implemented after level 2) | 5 class sessions
High School Programs
Approximately 45 minute sessions.
- Grades 9 - 10 | 10 class sessions
- Grades 11 - 12 | 6 class sessions
The Botvin LifeSkills Training program is currently being offered at the following schools:
- Liberty County | WR Tolar Elementary, Liberty County High School
- Taylor County | Taylor County Elementary School, Taylor County Middle School, Taylor County High School